View Full Version : Is this a good deal for Sony HVR Z1E?

Sverrir Fridriksson
June 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I was wondering if you could help me out, I wasn't really looking into a camera upgrade but I saw this camera online and was wondering if it was a good deal.

Operation 171x10
Drum run 90x10
Tape run 57x10
Threading 192x10
3xlong life batteries (no further details)

Price: Somewhere around 2.200 dollars

Right now I have a Sony PD-150 and I'm not excactly desperate to go into HD, but again, for the right price I would likely go for it.

Dipesh Parmar
June 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
you Would be better of buying a New camera mate..
Z1's are old and gone, newer camera's on the market are alot better with better lens, chips and tapeless systems, like Panasonic, or Sony NX5 or NX70 etc...

$2200.00 is way too much mate... if it was like 1200 or so then ok...

Iker Riera
June 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
depends, what will you be using the camera for? i agree that there are better options now

Sverrir Fridriksson
June 8th, 2011, 06:32 AM
cheers for the tips, guys.

I am shooting a tv series for a small local station, the footage is quite good I'd say even with the PD-150, since I have a decent lighting setup going. If the show will prove popular, I will have to step up the production with a better camera. But I will probably wait and see what happens to the show before I decide on the next steps.

Tom Hardwick
August 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Icelandic TV stations broadcast in 4:3??

Sverrir Fridriksson
January 7th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Since this part of the forum is relatively slow I'll allow myself to reply to a very old post ;)

No the Icelandic stations broadcast in widescreen, the PD-150 has a 16:9 setting and they never complained about the image being of wrong dimensions, in the 6 episodes we produced.

Right now I am thinking of getting a Z7E instead of this one, the jump to newer cameras is still too steep for me.