View Full Version : The Prize - Skycrane Jr. Lorinda Norton

Lorinda Norton
June 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Please forgive me for this shoddy little piece--it was a desperate, last-ten-minutes-of-daylight attempt at staying off the wall. No instructions, as I wouldn't have had time to edit it and throw it online if I did anything more. Still, thanks to Dick Mays, while he and I were chatting on the phone and I whined about not wanting to end my entries streak at 19, he came up with an idea I could do as soon as we got off the phone.

But I would like some help in running my Canon t2i. This was my first attempt with manual settings and low light, using a borrowed 10-22 mm lens that happened to be on the camera at the time. So any suggestions on how the shot of the crane could have been better will be much appreciated. (Have to say, I think that wide-angle lens made everything wider...at least I hope that's the case!) :)

Sorry I haven't gotten to the other videos with feedback yet. I am saddened to report that I had to say goodbye to one of my old dogs last night. His body developed bladder cancer so much of my time has been spent providing hospice care. But he had a good life. Some of you long-time DVC folks may remember him as the star of Hobo By Day when the theme was travel. Shorty was such a good dog, and I miss him terribly.

Gerald OConnor
June 9th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Never seen him in video but sorry for your lose, pets are hard let go of.

Chris Hurd
June 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear that, LJ.

Henry Williams
June 9th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Please accept my condolences, Lorinda.

Dick Mays
June 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I remember hobo by day, and hate to hear you lost your star. You have compiled a great number of videos to remember your pets by. Thanks for the call out on your video, which I think it really great because it shows the kind of shot you can only get with a crane.

Chris Barcellos
June 10th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend....

And thanks for showing us the crane.

I shoot the T2i and the other Eos cameras. On first look, shot looked fine to me.

Andris Krastins
June 10th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Lorinda. :( I remember Hobo by Day well and I really liked it.
At least he'll live on in film and on the internet together with all the other greater and lesser stars who have passed away. :)

George Williams
June 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog.

Bill Thesken
June 10th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Also sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully you can adopt another soon. We go to the Humane Society once in a while to take dogs waiting for adoption for walks and play.
That is one big cat, and amazing how it jumped up in that window on cue and on your command right? :)

Lorinda Norton
June 10th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Thank you, guys. It has been a little rough, and today my old Border Collie is having a bad day. Hasn't been a very fun seven months losing four furry friends already--I need her to be okay for awhile.

Bill, I laughed when I got the camera on the end of the crane and Leo showed up, as if on cue. :)