View Full Version : Creeping Featuritis...

Matt Davis
June 17th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Have just discovered ClipWrap through various FS100 forums.

Are you aware of XDCAM Transfer by Sony? It has some very simple yet powerful clip renaming functions which have revolutionised the workflow of my colleagues and I, making clips very easy to find, and 'injecting' vital metadata like the name and job title of interviewees.

Okay, so FCP-X is, at time of writing, still up in the air. It should do a better job at Log & Transfer. But if it doesn't, looks like ClipWrap is going to be the go-to app for ingest for FS100 owners.

Any chance of...
- A kind way of renaming clips that have duplicate file names
- A 'reset batch' if you wish to re-do the list (e.g. to different location in different format)

and...
- Batch clip naming like this: Batch naming clips in XDCAM Transfer on Vimeo
- Burning in of Time Code (BITC) on ingest (I think QT can do this by simply making the TC track visible)
- Support for the mystery 1080p50 mode of the FS100 (quite possibly the 60 mode too, but I'm UK based)

Thanks for reading.

Colin McFadden
June 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hey Matt - Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely exploring clip naming options - this has been on our roadmap for a while, but usually gets bumped so that we can focus on adding new camera support. It'll definitely make it in though.

I doubt we'd do timecode burning, our stance is that we don't touch the video itself.

We're always happy to explore adding support for formats we might not support - if you end up with a 1080p50 clip that isn't working, just let us know at dmsupport@divergentmedia.com. Sometimes it can be a bit odd, because manufacturers sometimes create formats that aren't technically part of the spec - doing true 1080p50 in an hdv stream for example, would technically violate hdv2 I believe.

-Colin

Matt Davis
June 18th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Great! I'm testing out Sony's new NEX-FS100, which has a new 28Mbps AVCHD mode for 1080p50 & 60. I'll send you a couple of MTS files. I can convert them to ProRes using Telestream's episode but FCP log and transfer balks at it.