View Full Version : GL2 not responding to "print to video" command

Dennis Parker
August 23rd, 2005, 05:41 AM
I have recently experienced a problem with trying to "print to video" while using my GL2. I am suing Final Cut Express 1.0.1 with it installed on an ibook with superdrive. FCE does see the GL2....I can capture footage with no problem.

For print to video I:

Go to "print to video" and click it.
A screen pops up that says start record on camera.
I click record on my GL2 but nothing happens.

I do not see any image on my GL2's flip out monitor screen. It is just black. Now if I click the GL2 off, then to vcr mode I can see the movie I'm trying to capture play for a second then it goes to black.....

Anyone have any suggestions?!?!

thanks!

David Ennis
August 23rd, 2005, 08:10 AM
Dennis,
The GL2 should be in VCR mode to begin with. Sounds like you were in camera mode and pressed the red button.

This is covered on page 99 of the manual, but in case you don't have it handy:
Keep the cam off when connecting or disconnecting the DV cable
With the DV cable hooked up, turn the cam on in VCR mode. You should see "DV IN" in the display.
press the record/pause button on the top of the handle. The cam is in record mode, but waiting.
When the program prompts you to record, press the >/|| (play/pause) button on top of the handle.

Dennis Parker
August 23rd, 2005, 08:45 AM
Fred,

Thanks for the info....I'll try it this afternoon after I get off work!

Dennis Parker
August 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
Dennis,
The GL2 should be in VCR mode to begin with. Sounds like you were in camera mode and pressed the red button.

This is covered on page 99 of the manual, but in case you don't have it handy:
Keep the cam off when connecting or disconnecting the DV cable
With the DV cable hooked up, turn the cam on in VCR mode. You should see "DV IN" in the display.
press the record/pause button on the top of the handle. The cam is in record mode, but waiting.
When the program prompts you to record, press the >/|| (play/pause) button on top of the handle.

Fred,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I used your instructions above to guide me. My problem was at the "DV IN" stage. My screen said "AV>DV". I clicked on my GL2's menu and went into "VCR SET UP". I scrolled down and changed the correct setting to "DV IN". Problem solved!

I would not have figured this out without your help. I truly appreciate it!

Have a great day!