View Full Version : Radical color problems on the A/V port, GL2

Rich Miller
September 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I have 2 GL2's and a couple other cameras that I use exclusively through the A/V cable or S Video, connecting to a SIMA SFX11 analog video mixer. One time I borrowed a pretty good Sony and half way through a conference that I was recording, that camera angle went black and white through the A/V.

Now something similar is happening to one of my GL2's, but the other way around. It is going to a hyper colors of purples and chartreuse. Sometimes I try to wiggle all the connections thinking that it may be a cable? I pulled the RCA connection almost out so that the shield wasn't touching and with just the center connector it seemed to improve but the video signal was noisy? It could be that the A/V plug into the camera is not all that tight either, sometimes I tape it to hold it tighter.

I haven't recorded on a Mini DV tape in so long that I don't know if would do the color aberration on the digital circuit or if it is only an analog problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions to resolve it?

Thanks

Richard Miller

Jace Ross
September 22nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
B+W when using RCA (A/V) cables is usually your Video cable becoming loose, or atleast that's what my experiences have shown.

As for hyper-saturated images, it sounds like a CCD issue but I'm far from a pro (or camera tech) but I couldn't imagine much else causing it.