View Full Version : MRC1K Shoe Adapter - Request

David Dwyer
September 8th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Hello,

I have managed to bend my MRC1K shoe adapter for the Z1 Camera - Just had a quote from a company quoting UK£ 160 = 257.10400 US$ for this part!

WHAT THE ****

Really? I ask?

Anyways I'm guessing that alot of the MRC1K users will be using it on Z5 and Z7 and have no need for this extra part so I'm willing to pay a small mount if you have 1 going spare?

Many thanks,

David

Adam Gold
September 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
That does seem insane. Have you talked to Sony directly? I seem to recall the bracket was about $100 direct here in the US.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-mrc1k-cf-card-recorder/471094-mrc1k-accessory-shoe-mounting-bracket.html

David Dwyer
September 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah I have mailed them and they advised go locally but I've gone back to Sony now (not had a reply)

Just though many users might not be using the Adapter

Adam Gold
September 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Your thought process isn't wrong but someday we may need to sell the MRC independently of the cam, so selfishly may need to hold onto the adapter assy.... the more profiteering types may wish to take advantage of you but not me, no, never...

But check out the alternatives illustrated in the other thread. Not as pretty but functional and much, much cheaper.

David Dwyer
September 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Your thought process isn't wrong but someday we may need to sell the MRC independently of the cam, so selfishly may need to hold onto the adapter assy.... the more profiteering types may wish to take advantage of you but not me, no, never...

But check out the alternatives illustrated in the other thread. Not as pretty but functional and much, much cheaper.

Thanks Adam - Still got mine so I might as well bend it back into shape rather than going through any more effort to find a replacement.

My camera was on the tripod and was blown over in the wind when I was getting some cards from the car, camera probably fell 2meters and the only thing was damaged was this adapter.

Even got the clip on YouTube but it hurts me to watch it!

Adam Gold
September 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM
It hurts me to even think about it....

David Dwyer
September 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Camera Fall - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i9EaXLCF7c)

If you are brave enough. Really impressed how the old girl has held up.

Adam Gold
September 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Oof. Ouch.

Chris Medico
September 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM
OUCH!

Glad to see the gear survived more or less unscathed.

The shoe bracket for my HVR-DR60 didn't return from a rental and I didn't think much of it till I went to order a replacement from Sony. OUCH - Again.

I don't know if its the same bracket but it was about the same price. A lot for such a simple little thing. I ended up hacking something together that works for a lot less.