View Full Version : FS-5 .mov files not being read by FCPX

Dave Burckhard
September 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
I've, hmm-hmm, "upgraded" to FCPX. I quickly found that FCPX can not ingest the .mov files created as it did with FCP v6.x. I shoot with a Sony HVR-Z5U. Contrary to some reports, FCPX readily imports from tape but no dice with the .mov files. Is this something already covered here?

If I have to transcode before ingesting now, the FS-5 loses a lot of value. I haven't contacted Focus (or whoever they've morphed into) but real soon now. Also, it seems they could add a lot of value for us and for themselves if they had more presence at DVINFO.NET. Just a strong suggestion.

David Burckhard
PicturePoint On-line

Dave Burckhard
September 29th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I received a response from Focus support. Focus indicated it is aware of the issue and suggests it is working on it and will send notice to registered users when a fix is available. Focus support suggests a workaround in the meantime. Instead of recording to the .mov format, record to the .m2t format and transcode to QT before ingesting. Yes, this obviates the reason for the recorder but it allows it to work as a stop gap.

I'm less than enthusiastic about this situation but hope Focus Enhancements addresses the issue quickly.

David Burckhard
PicturePoint On-line