View Full Version : Clip Browser and Apple

Marius Boruch
October 18th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I am trying to import clips from my EX1 to MacBookPro using original Clip Browser that came with camera and iMovie will not recognize ANY format of video file. How to do that???!!!!
I just got that Mac two days ago and I already hate it - it is so easy to do so in Sony Vegas and PC.

Nate Haustein
October 19th, 2011, 01:26 AM
A few months ago, I had to use EX1 cams with Final Cut X. I ended up using the "XDCAM Transfer for Final Cut Pro" program i downloaded from the link below. I believe it is an updated program compared to the one that originally came with the cameras. You open your ExpressCard or archive in the program and then it re-wraps the clips into MP4 files with .mov extensions. Theoretically, iMovie should be able to work with these. Hope this helps.

Sony | Micro Site XDCAM (http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-micro-xdcam-downloads-XDCAMSoftwareDownload.shtml#apps)

Luc De Wandel
November 1st, 2011, 01:33 AM
Well, I love my Macs, but I hate iMovie. It's designed for amateur use, so anyone with an EX1 should use Final Cut Pro. Even Final Cut Express is much more suited than iMovie. Steer clear of it it you want control of what you're doing.

When using FCP, you can use the log&transfer function after you have installed the Sony plugin. Use Clip Browser to copy your original clips to you back-up disk. That he workflow that works perfectly for me, onany of my 4 Macs.