View Full Version : Magnifiers for sony z 7

Joe Boland
October 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Guys,

I own a Sony Z7, A great camera, but as I need glasses to see the LCD screen clear now.............. yep its that time in my life, just wondering do / did any of you ever see a Magnifier, for a 3.5" LCD, did a google search but not come up with anything, any ideas would be great , I dont mind my glasses but I have to take them off and put them back on again to see far away things.

Joe

Don Bloom
October 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I have one that I bought about 9 years or so ago from Century Optics for my PD150/170 and while it did help, obviously I couldn't close the LCD during down times without removing the magnifier so I've pretty much stopped using it. I just wear my reading glasses down on my nose a bit so I can look over them and see distance without straining. I guess you could say I'm looking down my nose at people.
I've not seen any for the Z series cameras but I haven't been looking either.

Gerd Kogler
October 20th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Hi Joe, it is amazing how we all work in different ways to achieve the same. I never have and never would want to use the LCD for focussing, only the viewfinder. This way I have no problem with reflections and sun on the screen, the viewfinder is also 'richer' in pixels with 1,226 MP, 921 K for the LCD. You also have the eyesight adjustment, so no glasses are necessary, I wear glasses as well. The viewfinder image is small, but sharp! And I would not be confident at all to get the same good result focussing on the LCD.

Cheers, Gerd

Joe Boland
October 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
@ Don : Thanks Don, Yes I did hear of them ok, the one I heard of clips on to the sun hood and can be cliped of when not in use, but I guess the "down my nose bit" will have to work for me as well
thanks for you input

Joe

@ Gerd Thanks also, yes the viewfinder is a better option, but When moving with the stedy handle lets call it the viewfinder would be out, so again I guess the glases is my man

Thanks guys

Joe