View Full Version : Rather urgent. Si3d query.

Bob Hart
October 27th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I HAVE RECEIVED INFORMATION I NEEDED SINCE MAKING THIS POST. AM NOT SURE ON THE POLITENESS OF ACTUALLY EDITING THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE OUT OF EXISTENCE IF SOMEBODY HAS ALREADY READ IT AND IS THINKING OF A REPLY, SO SHALL LEAVE IT BELOW. - NO RESPONSES ARE NEEDED NOW. THANKS IF YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING STUFF UP FOR ME AND REGARDS FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

ORIGINAL QUESTION :-

I have been requested by the guys currently out in the field shooting a 3D event doco in Perth to ask about an issue with the 1-Beyond unit.

It is most likely a mismanagement deal on our part as we only just received cables for the unit for this particular job and had little time to learn it.

They are currently shooting background all around Perth. A big day is tomorrow our time and important that they have it working right.

The Brit crew from the UK using it have used a display system called "wiggle" in their 3D production over there.

The extra monitor they have brought with them correctly displays "wiggle" mode, however they have been unable to make the display on the 1-Beyond itself work in "wiggle" mode when it is selected. The machine they use over in the UK will do this.

My wild imaginings as to cause are :-

1. The refresh rate on the 1-Beyond's own monitor may be inadequate for the "wiggle" option. - Are there any operating system display settings which need to be looked at ?

2. There may have been a later DVR2 software update which has not yet been installed on the machine. What is the latest revised version number? Is this available on an FTP or reliable download somewhere ?

3. Hardware-wise, the ex-demo 1-Beyond we received may have been an earlier version without some functions which may have been added in later production.

It is rather urgent that we get this sorted for the client or enable them to sort it themselves. Any help any of you out there in SI3D land can provide will be greatly appreciated. I have sent a query direct to the vendors of the machine and SI. Due to world time differences their reply might be delayed so I am posting here in the hope of someone in our timezone having a few good ideas.

Bob Hart
October 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Postscript.

The British crew got the coverage they wanted, had a generous spirit and imparted a few lessons for the 3D newbies on the block here.