View Full Version : 2011 Charity Challenge Theme - Go! Go! Go!

Lorinda Norton
November 10th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Time to kick off the 2011 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge! The theme on this round is about as wide open as it gets...

Theme: Make Your Own TV Show.

Comedy, Drama, Reality, Wildlife, News, Game Show—the sky is the limit! You have until December 10 at midnight, PST, to complete a 5-minute television episode. And for those who may be reading this and wishing you had signed up, don’t despair! Sign-up remains OPEN. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/501821-4th-annual-dvc-uwol-charity-challenge-sign-up.html

Remember that this challenge is about charity, so if you’d like to donate it will help make some great non-profit in the world very happy. Details on that: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol-charity-challenge/501863-charity-donation-faq-pool-total.html

Now get going, have fun, and keep us posted with your progress! If anyone needs help just ask!

Andris Krastins
November 10th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Hummm, this is going to be tricky, as I haven't had a tv, nor seen a tv show since about 1999.
I have many biology major friends, so maybe we can make something about nature protection...
Thanks, this is challenging indeed! :)

Henry Williams
November 10th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Ooh. This is a fun one. Thanks Lorinda - Will get writing :)

Trond Saetre
November 10th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Hmm, this can be challenging.
Hopefully I can find some wild animals to host the show?

Simon Wood
November 10th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Wow, thats a tough one! But I guess it really leaves it wide open to interpretation so it'll be hard to predict what kind of shows people will come up with. Either way; I'm going to have to find a presenter in the next week!

Best of luck everyone!

Daniel Bates
November 10th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Oooh, this is a good one. I might even be able to put something together. World's shortest TV episode, anyone?

Lorinda Norton
November 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks go to Dylan for the tricky, fun, challenging, tough, and good theme. He's the brains of this outfit. Looking forward to watching some great TV!! :)

Jeremy Doyle
November 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Might have to bring back classic competitions as seen in DVC 16 and Noodle Time. Would there be any restrictions on reusing the graphic logo created for that?

Lorinda Norton
November 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Noodle Time! No restrictions on reusing the logo, Jeremy. :)

Dale Guthormsen
November 10th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I have been waiting ever so impatiently for the theme.

A TV show, 5 minutes, now I will have to phone old buddy George Louis Borges in Argentina to see how he would turn ulyesses into a short story!!

Joking aside, I think I have an idea, but I willneed help so I will have to call my friend up north and get hime to come down if I can make it work.