View Full Version : Pix240 and free run timecode

Chong Pak
December 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
yesterday I was using the pix240 with my f3 and I set the 240 to record(record run) when I hit the record on the camera,
today I was shooting 2 f3's with 2 pix240s and we had to sync timecode coming from sound(time of day free run), how do I get the camera to trigger the pix240 when its in free run?

hope this makes sense.
Thank you in advance.
Chong Pak

Chris Medico
December 8th, 2011, 09:10 PM
You will have to turn on the SDI remote trigger in the F3 and set the PIX to trigger off the Sony SDI record flag.

You can't use time code run trigger in the PIX if you have the camera set to TOD free run.

Chong Pak
December 8th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Thank you Chris, makes sense, i will try tomorrow.

Paul Ream
December 9th, 2011, 05:57 AM
You need to set the record trigger to SDI-Sony on both the PIX and F3 for it to work... and it does work very well. However, you might find there's a few timecode anomalies recording this way, ie: a random number of files will have the wrong timecode when ingested into an edit suite, although they all read correctly on the PIX!!! Strangely, I seem to have been the first to notice this error, unless it only happens on 1080i50? I've reported the issue and Sound Devices are aware and working on it now. I'm told a firmware fix should be arriving shortly....?