View Full Version : Bergen, Norway - By Trond Saetre

Trond Saetre
December 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
My entry is a teaser/trailer for an upcoming feature project about my hometown.
I'm inspired by the Globetrekker series on Travel channel, so the project will be kinda like that. Hopefully it will be completed by 2012.

This film shows a little of downtown area, just to give an idea of how the city is.

Bergen, Norway - Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1v84Uiisrk&hd=1)

Simon Wood
December 22nd, 2011, 02:56 AM
Looks like a nice place to visit Trond!

Its funny to compare and contrast the towns in our 2 entries for this project: the clam, ordered, clean look of Bergen with the hectic and chaotic world that I call home!

Sometimes I need to get away from it and get some tranquility and calmness back in my life; so I usually go to Northern Finland once a year. But after seeing your video I must make the effort to cross over to Norway next time.

Ultimately I guess that would be one of the main reasons for doing a documentary on Bergen (to make it look like an appealing place to visit) - so in that respect you're off to a good start.

Ronald Jackson
December 22nd, 2011, 03:23 AM
But no ferries anymore after what, 200 years, between Norway and the UK. Love to get my Landie across and head for the North Cape but not via Holland, Germany etc etc etc.

Ron

Trond Saetre
December 22nd, 2011, 03:33 AM
Simon,
Thank you for the feedback. Yes the ultimate goal is to make a film that describes the city as an interesting place to visit.

Ronald,
There has been (still unconfirmed) news about starting a new ferry line from Bergen (and possibly via Stavanger) to UK. Was some news a month or two ago, but haven't heard anything after that. Would be good if it happens.

Henry Williams
December 22nd, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hi Trond,

I really enjoyed this tour. The video was nicely informative and had a great shot selection that really gave a sense of the place, in particular those lovely wide smooth panning shots of the harbour area and the panoramic view from the hill. The cable car shots were very nice as well. I was a bit disappointed that it ended so quickly and look forward to seeing the full project!

Henry

Dick Mays
December 22nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm like Henry, I wanted to see more. I grew up in Europe and seeing the European cities, with the care taken by the populace, makes me homesick. The Southern United States is a disposable society where waffle house , QT gas stations, and dollar general stores abound. But you can get a decent cup of coffee for cheap. My only add, besides being longer, is some people shots, smiling faces, to suck us into the community. It made me want to visit Norway.

Chris Barcellos
December 22nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Tronde:

Looks like a great place to live and make films. Will be looking forward to seeing a finished story.

Finn-Erik Faale
December 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
It is nice clear pictures you have from a charming town. You give me a good reminder of a vacation I had in Bergen some years ago. I too have one objection: I would like to see more.

Marj Atkins
December 23rd, 2011, 04:09 AM
Wow Trond – what a beautiful and interesting place this is. The opening shot is stunning.

Many of the old building are still in such good condition. I notice in some places they seem to be squeezed from all sides by the newer, modern buildings and that stylish, stream-lined ferry cruiser seems oddly out of place in that quaint old harbour.

Nice shots from the funicular! I think I’ve said this before – Norway has to be the most scenic country in the world! Could definitely have been longer.

Trond Saetre
December 23rd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you for the feedback, everyone! And Happy holidays!

Yes, it should have been longer. But for various reasons (mainly work and weather...) I was unable to get some of the shots I planned. So it turned out to be this or nothing. The final film will include the shots you have mentioned. (more people and more of the city itself, things worth watching to "sell" the city to tourists.

Lorinda Norton
December 24th, 2011, 11:14 AM
This much-too-short glimpse of Bergen shows that you could successfully produce a travel series for television, Trond! Too bad for us that the weather didn't cooperate so you could include more, but we can look forward to seeing the feature film.

I would love to have watched the images with a more easygoing or serene soundtrack. On the other hand, what you used is actually appropriate in light of real estate or travel programs I have seen, particularly if it fits the city.