View Full Version : Using Compressor to remove 3-2 pulldown.

Jeff Troiano
February 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Hey all, I received my hyperdeck shuttle, and I wanted to asked a couple question (for those Mac users). I set up a couple compressor droplets, to remove the 3-2 pulldown. One I set up using ProresHQ, and the other I setup for 10bit uncompressed. I have both FC Studio 3, and Adobe CS5. If you've seen my other hyperdeck thread, you will have seen I've set my Mac up to handle uncompressed video.

My question is, when I set up the droplet for the 10bit uncompressed, is it just taking the uncompressed file I'm feeding it, and removing the 3-2 pulldown? Or is it doing something to the video file (thinking its taking a compressed file and changing it to an uncompressed file). I fed it a test clip, that was just over 8gig, and when it removed the pulldown, the file was just over 6gig.

Should I have used the Prores proxy? Which says preserves and uses setting of the source video. I'm pretty much going to be using any uncompressed video in Premiere or After Effects, so wasn't interested in recompressing the video, just removing the 3-2 pulldown.

Thanks for any help.
Jeff