View Full Version : Cineform Studio Premium and GoPro Firmware

Ben Turley
February 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I have GoPro Cineform Studio Premium and a Hero2. To install firmware updates on the camera directs you to download the base GoPro Cineform Studio, which detects the camera and installs updates. Studio Premium does not seem to do this (I know there is an update out for my camera). Is this wrong or do you need to run both versions? If so I think it would be a useful update to Studio Premium.

Ben

David Newman
February 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
We have betas that fix this. I was going to post these Friday.

Premium http://software.gopro.com/beta/GoProCineFormStudioPremium-1.1.2.100-Setup.exe
Professional http://software.gopro.com/beta/GoProCineFormStudioPro-1.1.2.100-Setup.exe

Taky Cheung
February 12th, 2012, 01:25 PM
David, I recently purchased a Hero2. The firmware support page mentioned I need to GoPro CineForm Studio. I owned Cineform Studio Premium. Are they different software?

David Newman
February 12th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Yes, the software is different. Use the above beta version to do Hero2 firmware updates from Studio Premium or Studio Professional.

Taky Cheung
February 12th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Too late! I installed the GoPro Studio. It overwrote my current GoPro Cineform Studio Premium install. Then I installed the beta version from the link you provided. Now I don't know which version I am using. There isn't a Help->About I can check what version I'm using. I right click on the shortcut properties. this is the file

C:\Program Files (x86)\GoPro\Tools\GoPro CineForm Studio.exe

I am able to update the firmware just now. Am I now using the beta version of Studio Premium?

David Newman
February 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Nothing has change in this regard, always uninstall a CineForm tool before installing different type as they share components. To undo what you have done, uninstall Premium (if that was the last thing you installed), install free Studio, then immediately uninstall it (now you system is cleaned up.) Now install what every you have a license for, and stick with that product going forware. If you going from 1.1 to 1.x of the same product, uninstalls are not needed, the above is only when you are mixing products.