View Full Version : Retaining dates on HD footage

Barry Sampson
February 21st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Hi guys,

I have imported some HD footage, shot on a Panasonic HS900, into FCP X. The first import was clip-wrapped with no re-wrapping and when I imported it the clips dropped into the 2011 events folder on my drive, (due to how I have set sorting, each import goes into its correct year of creation folder). Due to blockiness in a DVD I authored, I was advised to use Apple Pro Res 422 HQ instead.

I have rewrapped into this format now, (massive files), but have lost all date info and now the clips show the date I imported them; which is no good to me :(

Can anyone advise how I can get the creation date back?

Thanks in advance :D

** UPDATE **
I can manually change them in FCP X by looking at the original file creation date but a simpler solution would be of benefit

Colin McFadden
February 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM
Hmm - did you do this recently? Are you running the newest version of ClipWrap (2.4.7)? Older versions didn't preserve creation dates, but newer versions do, unless you've turned that off in preferences.

Beyond hacking up a shell script or applescript, I can't think of an automated way to copy dates from one set of files to another though.

Barry Sampson
February 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the fast response :D

I'll look into that resolution