View Full Version : Nexto DI 2500 Video Storage backup

Steve Grimshaw
March 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Any help for this newbie in Scotland?

Hi. I am just about to embark on my journey from Canon HV30 to Canon XF300 and very excited I am too! Before I "add to basket" I am also looking at buying the Nexto DI 2500 Video storage backup gizmo and I wondered if anyone could personally recommend it? I have not yet built up a supply of CF cards, so I'm thinking that the money would be better spent on the above.
Thanks in advance.

Dave Sperling
March 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I have a Nexto 2500 and have been very happy with it. I back up SxS cards, CF cards and sometimes SD cards with it. Speed is amazing with the SxS and very good with the others. I also sometimes connect a portable FAT32 drive directly to it and make double backups.
At least one producer I work with likes to have me transfer cards to it as the day goes on, then he does a fast eSata transfer of the whole day's work at the end of the day (usually sitting in the airport.)
Of course as with any data, you always want to have your files backed up in at least TWO places!!!

Steve Grimshaw
March 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Hi Dave,

That is exactly what I wanted to hear, so it looks like I will be hitting the "add to basket" tonight. I have also found other threads which make this out to be a "must - have" accessory. I suppose this teaches me to search a little more before I post.

Thanks very much for your reply

Dave Sperling
March 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Before 'adding to basket' you might want to check out their whole product line. I bought the 2500 because I use SxS cards a lot, as well as CF and SD.
If you use a different mix of cards you might find a different model that meets your needs at a different price point.
In the previous post I was merely commenting on the fact that I use the 2500 all the time and am happy with it.

Steve Grimshaw
March 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hi
I hear what you are saying and in fact may now consider the 1Tb version as there is not much difference in the cost. I'm also considering the FAT32 drive that you mentioned - seems like amazing backup for not very much outlay. Many thanks again.