View Full Version : OnLocation still alive?

Matt Vanecek
March 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Wondering if anybody is using Adobe's OnLocation on a regular basis? I have a Sony FX1 and V1U, either of which can go Firewire to my laptop. Based on people's experiences, would OnLocation be sufficient (to a 7200rpm drive), or would something like BlackMagic Intensity * be a better option? This is for recording a dance recital, so stationary, access to power, etc. I have a Firestore FS, but it's about worn out by now...

Would record to tape and to laptop, whichever option I selected.

Thanks,
Matt

Ron Little
March 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
On location works fine for HDV. I no longer use it because HDV no longer works for me. The V1 is a fine camera if you bypass the in camera compression, using a field recorder like the NanoFlash.

Chris DeVoe
March 19th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I use it constantly with my Canon XH-A1. I shoot concerts, and love not being limited to an hour. It does tend to be a bit persnicikity if you change anything else on your system. I had to disable the webcam built into my HP laptop to get OnLocation to work. I especially love that I can use what it records directly in Edius with no transcoding. I copy the video from my other cameras from their SD cards, and can be ready to sync the audio from five cameras within an hour or so (need to upgrade all my SD cards to Class 10).