View Full Version : Sending in For Repairs...

DeMarcus Young
September 7th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I have to admit after reading some of the horror stories here about people sending in their GL2s to Canon to be serviced, I'm more than a little worried about what to expect. I have a out of warranty GL2 , and the zoom on the side's gone south on me. I KNOW I've got to get it fixed, but what should I expect? What measures should I take to make sure it isn't lost, or make sure I don't get charged an absurd amount for the repairs? Thanks in advance for any pointers or advice!

DeMarcus

Richard Alvarez
September 7th, 2005, 09:46 AM
DeMarcus,

As you are in Waco, mid-continent essentially, I'd sent it to the New Jersey center. Most of the horror stories are coming out of Irvine, California.

DeMarcus Young
September 7th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the tip there! I'll certainly will, thanks!

DeMarcus

Jason Leonard
September 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
get insurance, a tracking # and have it followed by a carrier pidegeon with a homing transmiter stapled to his leg.

Lonnie Matherne
October 31st, 2005, 03:33 PM
I have since moved on and only use my GL1 as a deck now but this really pissied me off about 5 years ago I bought my camera for about $2800 treated it with kids gloves and less than 2 years later I noticed a missing pixil then another then another and so on

what causes this and what can be done about it?

Mike Donley
November 1st, 2005, 10:03 AM
DeMarcus,
Canon will prepare an estimate for the repairs to your camera. They will not perform the repairs until you approve the estimate and provide for payment.

Canon uses a standard minimum charge that will cover cleaning, alignment, and replacement of some parts, e.g. the drum. I do not know if the minimum charge will cover the zoom rocker repair. The minimum charge is approximately $272 including shipping the camera back to you. It will vary slightly since the cost of shipping will vary for different areas of the country.