View Full Version : ClipWrap 2.5 - tackling the wishlist

Colin McFadden
April 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hey All - normally we don't do too much promotion of point releases, but this update addresses a number of wishlist items so we wanted to let you know.

We've just put out ClipWrap 2.5 - if you're an existing user, your copy should autoupdate, or you can grab a fresh copy from ClipWrap: Easy AVCHD and HDV conversion for the Mac (http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap)

The big things in this release:

Conform video - if you enable this option in preferences, you'll be able to set a new framerate for your footage. So, if you're shooting 60p, but want beautiful slow-mo 24p footage, we'll conform your footage during the rewrap or transcode.

Multiple batches - need to transcode a bunch of SD cards, but keep the files separate? Create multiple ClipWrap windows (file->"new window") and set different destinations for each. Then run them all concurrently. As an added benefit, if you've got a lot of cores on your system, this will allow you to maximize your CPU utilization.

XDCam EX and XDCam HD transcode targets - if you need to bring HDV or AVCHD footage into an existing XDCam EX or XDCam HD project, you can now transcode to those formats within ClipWrap.

Adobe XMP metadata support - we now include GPS data (if your camera records it) in an Adobe XMP bundle, so apps like Lightroom will be able to read that data. This is in addition to our existing metadata support, which passes GPS data in a format that apps like Aperture and iMovie can read.

We're excited about this release, please let us know if you have feedback, issues, or more requests! support@divergentmedia.com

Also, if you're coming to NAB, be sure to say hi! We're in SL14010, right by Assimilate and OWC.

Thanks!

-Colin

Terence Murphy
April 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
The conform option sounds great! Will it work with a .MOV input file? For my typical workflow, I use Clipwrap to rewrap from .MTS to .MOV while copying from the SD card to my hard drive, and don't retain the original .MTS files. So I'm wondering if I'd later be able to use Clipwrap to conform 60p to 30p if I don't have the original non-Clipwrapped file to start from.

-Terence

Colin McFadden
April 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM
In ClipWrap 2.5, we'll still only deal with the formats we've always supported - MTS and M2T. We may add support for MOV in a future release.

-Colin