View Full Version : can't export to tape

Robert Bobson
April 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I have an odd problem. I'm trying to export a widescreen SD project from PPro 5.5 win 7 via firewire to a miniDV tape in the DVX 100B, but the camera doesn't seem to be seeing the signal.

I can capture from the camera into PPro. this is the first time I've tried exporting since switching to win 7.

any suggestions? I tried exporting a 4:3 SD project too, but the camera didn't see that signal either. just a blue screen. the camera will go into record, but nothing gets recorded.

thanks

Robert Bobson
April 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
although Microsoft says the dvx100B is compatible with windows 7 and the existing drivers are all that's needed - the computer still doesn't see the camera.

So I ended up exporting the 15 minute video as several AVI files (it wouldn't make one big one, kept hanging up) and then imported them into my other computer running win XP, reassembled them in the PPro 4.0 timeline, and THEN I was able to export it onto the camera's miniDV tape as widescreen SD.

so there.

Jeff Pulera
May 7th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hi Robert,

We just ran into this with a customer, could NOT export to DV from Premiere CS5.5.

A few things we discovered:

1) You may need to TURN OFF the GPU acceleration, this seems to be key to the process. Set it to SOFTWARE ONLY mode. Found under "Project > Project Settings". Set back to GPU for editing of course.

2) In Sequence > Sequence Settings > Playback, you must choose "DV" devices for both PREVIEW device and EXPORT device. Also, check the box for "External Device Audio".

3) If you have trouble with deck control, computer not even seeing the camera, in Device Manager, look up the 1394 and "Update Driver". Choose "Browse My Computer" for drivers, then "Select from List" and in Windows 7, you should have 3 options. Try "Legacy". This can always be switched back easily, but something to try with any 1394 issues.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers