View Full Version : CW 2.5.1 - brings system down, losing all transcodes in batch

Matt Davis
April 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Getting an odd but recurring behaviour since upgrading to 2.5.1 -

Drop a bunch of files from FS100 - AVCHD files, from the Private..Stream folder.

Set it off, and at some inappropriate moment (varies) I get a full-on restart-required Mac equivalent of the Blue Screen of Death.

What's strange is that, when I restart, the movies that SHOULD have transcoded are there, but with teeny weeny <200k file sizes which of course DON'T open in QT Player.

My first batch this morning went well with 2.4.7, but decided to update. Oops, shouldn't do that mid-job. The afternoon has been an exercise in futility - leaving a batch of 57 MTS files to transcode from AVCHD to ProRes.

Currently, I'm walking through the files, one by one, as this guarantees I'll have all the 57 files in ProRes by Monday (which is the client requirement). If I batch it up and leave it, it gets through a random number, then fails, taking all the work in that batch with it.

Sorry I can't provide 'steps to reproduce' or more of a detailed report - but I do need to deliver these files. Any way of back-grading to 2.4.7?

Colin McFadden
April 27th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Wow, that's pretty odd, and not something we've heard. You can grab 2.4.7 from:
www.divergentmedia.com/filedownload/ClipWrap%202.4.7.zip

Nothing CW does should be able to cause a kernel panic (since it runs in user space) - the only thing I can think of is an issue with the storage that the files are on? I'll be curious if reverting resolves the issue, please let us know.

-Colin