View Full Version : Edius Burn to Disc authoring

Tom Hardwick
May 29th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Although there seems to be general dislike of the simplistic Edius DVD and BD authoring, I've just made a DVD with a fade in/fade out moving background with music using sequences, with a word title that fades in and out over the top of this background, with a P in P for fun and with multiple chapter points, many of them invisible on the menu page, but which the DVD player's remote will access with its 'next' or 'previous' buttons.

I can have the film play immediately I insert the disc and the menu can be accessed at any time using the remote, or I can have the menu appear first (as is more common).

What I can't seem to make this authoring program do is automatically run the menu for however many seconds I specify, and then automatically start playing the movie. Anyone found a way to get it to do this? And the chapter highlighting (underline, frame or fill) looks a bit crude.

tom.

Ervin Farkas
May 29th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Edius is a great editor; DVD/BluRay authoring has been thrown in as a courtesy to those who need to quickly author a disc. I think you have reached its limits.

You will need to go to a dedicated authoring software to do more sophisticated menu functions.