View Full Version : ClipWrap continously crashes

Marty Jenoff
June 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm trying to transcode my Sony NX 5 AVCHD 720/60p footage into Apple Pro Res LT using Clipwrap. There's about 270 video clips. It took me about 5 or 5 attempts to finally convert everything. clip wrap would crash after about 70 clips.

I"m now transcoding a second card from the same camera using the same settings, and the same thing keeps happening.

I'm going from an internal 7200rpm drive to and external 7200rpm drive connected via FW 800. Running a Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 ghz quad core with 16 GB ram running OS 10.704. I'm using clip wrap 2.4.5. I have no other programs running.

Any ideas why this is happening and what can prevent it from happening again?

Colin McFadden
June 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Marty - Is there any reason you're running the older version? Otherwise, I'd recommend updating to the current release, 2.5.1. You can download it directly from http://www.divergentmedia.com/filedownload/clipwrap

You can also submit a crash report to us - after a crash, click "Send report" then "show details" and cut and paste the contents to an email to us. If you just use the crash submission tool directly, that goes to Apple, not the developer of the app, so we never see it.

-Colin

Colin McFadden
June 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry, I didn't include our support address - it's support@divergentmedia.com.

Marty Jenoff
June 7th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Mmmm. I didn't know I was using an outdated version. I have the "check for updates" option checked but I never got a indicator to upgrade my version. I'll see what happens next time I need to use it. thanks.