View Full Version : JVC HD200 lens on Z7?

Lee Mullen
June 6th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Has this ever been tried and I gather it would only work as a manual lens due to the lack of a connector for the servo?
Has a Z7 ens been tried on a JVC HD100/200?

Bob Hart
June 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM
It was a few years ago. I put a P+S Technik Mini35 adaptor with JVC mount on a Sony Z7 at a trade show here in Perth and it fitted up okay. I would be careful to tape over the electrical pins on the Sony mount in case one pin is sitting a little high and shorts out on the solid JVC metal mount.

Zach Love
June 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Bob, I have a Fujinon lens & a Mike Tapa Nikon adapter, both are solid metal & I've never had a problem with the pins.

Has this ever been tried and I gather it would only work as a manual lens due to the lack of a connector for the servo?
Has a Z7 ens been tried on a JVC HD100/200?

Z7 can use any 1/3" bayonet lens (ie, any lens from the JVC HD100, HD200 & HM700 lines; or Panasonic HPX300 / HPX370; but NOT the Canon XL line as that has a proprietary mount).

When the stock Zeiss lens is on the Z7, it covers up the lens tap. Take off the Zeiss lens & replace with a Fujinon or Canon 1/3" lens & you'll be able to plug in the lens to the camera for full fuctionality.

I don't have a JVC camera to try the Z7 Zeiss lens on, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be functional. You'd have no servo, but more importantly no iris control at all. I might be wrong, but the Z7 might iris down before powering off, which would mean you can't use the lens at all on anything but a Z7 or S270.