View Full Version : How much storage will I need for....

Shon Troelstrup
July 9th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hi all:

Our company has been asked to shoot some football games this summer. We don't have a tapeless recorder yet, but I'm down to the choice of a HyperDeck Shuttle 2 and a MR-HD100. We have two JVC GY HD 250u's and will be shooting 720p60 for about 3 hours per camera. The customer has also offered us the use of a Sony HVR-V1U to 'sweeten' the deal, as they don't have much money.

I downloaded the AJA app to determine how much storage we would need, but I just want to clarify the results. Still new to this.

I'm also not familiar with the DNxHD format, but understand that's the other option on the Shuttle 2 (besides uncompressed QuickTime)? Is that usable? We won't be doing any editing, just need raw footage for game tape. Also, could we use the Sony with the HyperDeck by lining out of the HDMI (there's no SDI outputs on the Sony).

Any suggestions for drives? 512gb enough for 3 hours?

I need to convert the footage to MP4 in Premiere CS5.5 (PC or Mac) and upload it to the teams server after each game. Any idea how long it would take to convert about 2.5 hours of footage to MP4? My PC is an i5 3.2 GHz with 14GB RAM running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.