View Full Version : Vimeo Gallery on my site

Paul Cronin
October 16th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I have upgraded to Vimeo Pro and have a few questions about setting up a nice video gallery on my wordpress based web site.

Yes, I will have most of my videos on my Vimeo Channel and also my UTube channel. But I want people who go to my site's video page to see a page of thumbnails and click. Then have the video enlarge to 720p with full screen option. All of my newer videos on Vimeo are 1080p, you get that with Pro. Also I post a lot of password protected for client so view as we complete big projects.

About to start adding 15-20 videos on the gallery so would like to set it up properly the first time.

Vimeo help is fair at best and the FAQ are also fair in my opinion. But the quality of the videos are great as the upload time.

Questions:
1. How to I set up a gallery on my web page? Currently I just embed the video which might be enough.
2. How to show the video description below the video when it is not full screen, 720p? This is important since there are links to clients pages.
3. Can you have a video size choice like UTube; 480, 720, 1080?
4. I would like the thumbnail to be 250x140 then once you click it goes to 720 with the description below it with my links. At this point they have the option to go full 1080 if they like.

I have posted two videos so far as a test as I learn.

Bob Willis
October 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Paul, you will be limited by the wordpress theme and/or plugins that you use to create thumbnail page or gallery. Research what plugins will work with your wordpress theme to give you a video gallery.

Paul Cronin
October 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks Rob for the input. I have found a Wordpress plugin that is highly rated. Will give it a try after i upgrade my OS. Upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.7 is needed for the plugin and a few other software upgrades. Need to finish an edit job then hopefully it will all go smooth.