View Full Version : Book or Tutorial material Canon XL H1

Colin Brown
November 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I am a relative newcomer to the XL H1 and am looking for a book or other tutorial material to improve my ability to use the camera under differing light conditions.
I have downloaded both the manual and the white papers but need more detailed help.
Any recommendations or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Travis Andersen
November 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I have yet to see one for the XLH1. I have only seen a book and DVD for the XL2. Those may help as they are very very similar cams. Hopefully someone here can answer you on this.

Or you could also get the tutorial dvd for the XHA1

Colin Brown
November 29th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Thank you Travis.

Simon Wood
November 29th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I am pretty sure there are no books or tutorials; and given that its quite an old camera its unlikely that there ever will be.

What are you looking for specifically; there are a lot of shooters here with years of filming experience on the XLH1, and I'm sure many would be willing to assist.

Maurice Covington
December 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
its quite an old camera

Colin,

Your are correct the it is an old camera but boy is it a good one. I use the Mark III on the side of this camera from time to time and I can tell you that under the right lighting conditions, It is really good. For Simon, there is actually a DVD that was made for the XHA1 that may provide him with some of the help he needs. It's an okay DVD but the best way to learn to use the camera is to take it out and shoot.

Canon XHA1 Made Easy - Tutorial DVD (Incl. XHG1): Elite Video: Amazon.com: Books

Vasst DVD: Inside the Canon XHA1 and XHG1 by Donald Berube, A1G1

Amazon.com: 2008 Learn the (Canon XH A1, XH-A1) XHA1, XHA1s TUTORIAL TEACHING PROGRAMMED-INSTRUCTION DVD: Movies & TV