View Full Version : Need Software Made for Combining PPT with Live Video?

Dan Brockett
December 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi all:

About six months ago, I saw some banner advertisements on a few sites about some software that was specifically designed for integrating video of a presenter with their PowerPoint presentation, all I can recall was that it had simple and easy templates for PIP of the speaker to integrate with the PPT slides, there were easy ways to swap, move and switch the size of the video PIP between the speaker and the slide, etc.

I normally don't do these sorts of productions but had a client specifically that asked me to shoot his PPT presentation, I only had a single camera so I shot him and he sent me his PPT slides. I exported JPEGs from PPT and put the thing together, it came out decently but frankly was a PITA to edit, took me way longer to make it look good than I had time for so I am looking for some software, for the Mac, that is designed specifically to do this, I thought I saw an ad but I can't recall the name of the software and Google is not being my friend. Not sure if it would be a plug-in or a stand alone program? Looking to increase my efficiency, these sorts of projects rarely pay more than a single day edit rate and they are not worth it for me to spend the amount of time it took me to mess with all of the slides, edit the video, composite it, render it, etc. If I had software made to do this and nothing else, might make it worth it to do more of these?

Any ideas or leads? I use FCP 7.04 on an MBP.

Phil Murray
December 26th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I'm also curious about this software, but I use Premiere Pro CS6 on a PC. Would love to learn if there is something like this for Windows, too.

Stephen Brenner
December 26th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure if you're aiming for a tool that can be used for a live presentation which integrates a video with a ppt, or if you just want to integrate the ppt into a video of the presenter. If it is the latter, I use Snap Z pro to record a video of everything that is going on my mac (including mouse movements). This is probably more useful for application training, but I could see you placing your presenter video on one track and your ppt video on another and just cutting back and forth. You wouldn't have to deal with extracting or using the individual ppt assets. BTW, keynote on the mac is quite the killer app and last time I looked was more powerful that ppt. It also exports to ppt format.