View Full Version : Most export settings greyed out

Alastair Traill
February 12th, 2013, 08:39 PM
My Edius 6.0.6 export settings (with the exception of batch export) are greyed out. I have toggled the PLR/REC switch to REC but the problem persists.

What else can I try?

Ervin Farkas
February 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Project settings not compatible with your desired output settings will prevent Edius from exporting. For example you can't export from a 24P project to DVD - your project settings need to be either 50i PAL or 60i NTSC for you to be able to author a DVD directly from the timeline. In other words, you will have to start with a PAL or NTSC project in order to export directly to DVD.

Last resort... give your compatriot Anton over in Sydney a call, he's the Edius authority in Australia.

Alastair Traill
February 14th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Thanks Ervin,

Since posting I have made some progress. The greying out problem disappeared when I opened a new project. I am working with 1080p50 clips in MTS. I have some very long takes that I want to trim and/or take sub-clips from and then store them in a library. At the moment things seem to be working so thanks for the interest.

Anton Strauss
February 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
My Edius 6.0.6 export settings (with the exception of batch export) are greyed out. I have toggled the PLR/REC switch to REC but the problem persists.

What else can I try?

this simply means that you have an in and out with 0 duration marked on the timeline, meaning the outpoint is in the same spot as the in point

press X on keyboard to clear in and out

Alastair Traill
February 16th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Thanks Anton,

As I mentioned above the “greying out” problem disappeared when I opened a new project.

Luis Valenzuela
February 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
this simply means that you have an in and out with 0 duration marked on the timeline, meaning the outpoint is in the same spot as the in point

press X on keyboard to clear in and out

This tip will surely come in handy in the future. Thank you sir.