View Full Version : Seeking 1/4" male to male coupler

Ed Hecht
April 26th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I am a current owner of a Cinevate Small Camera Articulating Grip and was wondering if it's possible to buy the wheel featured here separately:
Small Camera Articulating Grip (http://www.cinevate.com/store2/small-camera-articulating-grip.html#sthash.VxQTsZMH.FrPsVbPr.dpbs)
Or some reasonable facsimile. I just bought a Canon 6D and the articulating aspect isn't optimal for this heavier camera (vs APS-C units). Thanks in advance!
Ed

Alastair Traill
April 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hi Ed,
Do you just need an adjustable joint between the camera and the grip? Have you considered a simple ball head. These normally come as a male / female assembly but if you screwed a suitable length of ¼” 20 tpi threaded rod into the female end would this provide what you want? A neat way to do it would be to use a ¼” 20 tpi grubscrew which are available in various lengths. If necessary it could be held in place with Loctite or similar.

Ed Hecht
April 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks, Alastair. That's a great idea. Here in the US, grubscrews are called set screws and look to be available at Home Depot. Though the ball head idea is a good starting point, it adds a bit more height than I would like. Thanks so much for setting the wheels in motion!
Ed