View Full Version : konova k2 not functioning right?

Noa Put
May 6th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Got myself a konova k2 for my sony nex-ea50 and maybe my expectations where too high but I am not able to get a shake free move with it. If you listen to below video when I move the sled fast in both directions, is that tapping sound from the roller bearings you hear normal? Are there any other k2 user here that could confirm?

konova k2 on Vimeo

James Manford
May 7th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Got myself a konova k2 for my sony nex-ea50 and maybe my expectations where too high but I am not able to get a shake free move with it. If you listen to below video when I move the sled fast in both directions, is that tapping sound from the roller bearings you hear normal? Are there any other k2 user here that could confirm?

konova k2 on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/65578804)

Noa

How much did you pay for the konova K2 ?? it sounds like the camera is too heavy on one side thus resulting in the bearings making noise.

I don't own a K2, but I had a different slider that I was using before with my DSLR and VG20, which when I put my EA50 onto, made it impossible to slide ... lot of shake and lag unless I pressed down on the opposite side of the plate to counter the weight, so it can slide.

Anyway, I sold that and have upgraded to a heavy duty, longer 42" slider ... a cheap home made product that some one makes and sells on ebay (he's unfortunately not on their anymore due to lack of sales I believe as people aren't convinced of the quality without taking a gamble and just buying it like myself) but oh my god does it work wonders! cost a fraction of the price I paid for my older slider, and it can handle heavy cameras.

Noa Put
May 7th, 2013, 03:40 AM
I paid I think around 180 euro, the slider you are referring to is not like the one I have which has real roller bearings (2 of them) so when I tilt my camera (meaning the weight is not in the center anymore) it still slides smoothly, but when I see my footage afterwards I do notice slight vibrations, even on wide shots, yesterday I did some slider shots with the stock lens zoomed in, I put the slider on the ground, made sure it was standing firmly and then moved the sled with one finger and I still had shake in my image.

Ryan James
May 7th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Have you seen this video Noa? It might be a common problem but one that's easily fixed:
Konova K2 Fixed on Vimeo

Noa Put
May 7th, 2013, 04:30 AM
thx Ryan! so there are 3 roller bearings of which one can be adjusted, in my case there doesn't seem to be some play on the sled that I can feel, just that "tapping" sound when you move the sled (only when the camera is mounted on it.) I"ll take it apart and try to see what is going on.

Ryan James
May 7th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Let us know how you get on - I'm looking for a slider to suit both the EA50 and GH3, Konova seemed like a reliable option, but I'm also tempted to take a chance with something from the CineCity website.

Noa Put
June 20th, 2013, 07:24 AM
a update, there have been some mails back and forth to the supplier and they send me instructions how to fix the problem, but what they suggested I allready did and the washer which you need to turn is completely stuck, no matter how much force I apply to it. I send a mail today to request a new sled with a washer that turns or els to refund me. Will see what their reaction will be.

Victor Nguyen
June 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I have the Konova k3 and I had so many problems with this sliders from video head getting stuck, the carriage coming loose like the video above, the slider leaning at the end, and shaky movements. I can tolerate it for now but I'm probably going to upgrade to a Kessler in the future.

Noa Put
June 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I got a response from the supplier and they will send me a new sled but they want me to send mine to them in Korea first.

Not very happy with that as I have to pay sending costs (not that much, about 30 dollar, but stilll) and I probably will have to wait weeks before I get a replacement meaning I can't use the slider during that time.

Victor Nguyen
June 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I got a response from the supplier and they will send me a new sled but they want me to send mine to them in Korea first.

Not very happy with that as I have to pay sending costs (not that much, about 30 dollar, but stilll) and I probably will have to wait weeks before I get a replacement meaning I can't use the slider during that time.

That's weird considering they have an office in California I believe.

Noa Put
June 26th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I had contact with a guy from Konova US but he told me he only was responsible for the website and that for any product related issues I had to contact the manufacturer in Korea. I bhought the slider through Amazon.de so all communication goes through that site and that is each time a direct link to Korea.