View Full Version : PMW-320 and Cine4

Anthony McErlean
June 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I have the PMW-320 and somehow managed to have Cine4 in my SF settings.
I am trying to use the same settings on my friends 320 as well but dont remember how i got the Cine4 setting :) Any ideas and thanks in advance.

Anthony McErlean
June 16th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Anyone any idea :)

Doug Jensen
June 16th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Cine 4 is one of the gamma options in the picture profile menus of the camera. Is that what you are asking about?

BTW, if you really want to match two cameras, save your PP to a card and then load it on your friend's camera so you can be sure that ALL the settings are the same -- not just the gamma mode.

MASTERING THE SONY PMW-EX3 (http://www.vortexmedia.com/DVD_EX3.html)

Anthony McErlean
June 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cine 4 is one of the gamma options in the picture profile menus of the camera. Is that what you are asking about?
MASTERING THE SONY PMW-EX3 (http://www.vortexmedia.com/DVD_EX3.html)

Thank you Doug, yes, that one.

Yes, I looked at saving it to card but wasn't sure how to go about it, ....even after reading the manual :)

Thank you Doug.

Alister Chapman
June 17th, 2013, 06:31 AM
In the "Others" page of the menu, and "Camera Data"

Saves a snapshot of the cameras setup, including assignable buttons, clip naming and picture profiles to the SxS (SD) card.

Anthony McErlean
June 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Thank you Alister.

Doug Jensen
June 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Just a word of warning. Only use the Camera Data file method if you wish to entirely clone your camera. Your friend may not appreciate you changing nearly every setting on his camera, including zebras, peaking, assign buttons, etc. I'd be pretty pissed off if you loaded a Camera Data file into my camera.

If you only want to give him your picture profile settings, and leave everything else on the other camera alone, then use the PP Data menu instead.

Anthony McErlean
June 17th, 2013, 04:28 PM
OK Doug, good point. Thanks

Alister Chapman
June 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Duh...my mistake...... It's a PMW-320, not EX1/EX3, the scene files are saved under the File menu using either "all file" which saves everything (with Doug's caveat above) or scene file to just save/recall the scene files.

Anthony McErlean
June 19th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Duh...my mistake...... It's a PMW-320, not EX1/EX3, the scene files are saved under the File menu using either "all file" which saves everything (with Doug's caveat above) or scene file to just save/recall the scene files.

:) Thanks again Alister.