View Full Version : antivirus

Paul Mailath
June 12th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Whew! it's dusty in here!

I guess we edius users have so few problems that there's nothing really to talk about:-)

anyhoo - I gave up on avast, not thrilled with trend micro - anyone have an antivirus that plays reasonably nicely with edius?

Jeff Pulera
June 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Can't say how it behaves with EDIUS in particular, but I've been very pleased with the free Microsoft Security Essentials package. Use it on my edit machine with CS6, family computers, work computers, customer edit systems, works good and doesn't seem to hurt performance at all.

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download)

I should note that you can selectively "turn off" the software in regards to specific applications and file types if that helps. Just tell it not to look at edius.exe or .avi files for instance.

Thanks

Allan Black
June 12th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Paul, Comodo Pro with their Geek Buddy help, could be worth looking at.

Free Antivirus | Free SSL | Internet Security and SSL Certificate from COMODO (http://www.comodo.com/)

Cheers.

Mark Williams
June 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I am on Edius 5.51 and use avast. I just disable avast shied control when editing and everything runs fine.

Jim Michael
June 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I have Trend Micro and Edius 6.x and no problems.

Markus Nord
June 16th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I've been using AVG for years and never turn it of for installing or editing. Never hade a problem with that. No, I hade one problem during installing of 6.5, I then registrated my 6.5 and downloaded 6.52 and installed that and hade no problem from that on.

Ervin Farkas
June 19th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I haven't used antivirus for about 5 years now, I just have the WOT plugin in Firefox, puts a red dot next to bad sites in Google searches, and if I still click on a site with red dot, it asks me "are you sure"? Other than that just use my common sense, don't open email attachments from people I don't know, etc. It was too frustrating for me to wait on my antivirus software to check everything and slow me down.

Knock on wood, no issues so far. I always have a second hard drive in my computer, with a full operating system on it, just in case my regular C drive would not start.