View Full Version : Film Club

Ron Little
June 15th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I want to thank everyone that showed up for North West Florida Film Club. I had a great time and am looking forward to working with you on any up coming projects.

Steve Bailey
July 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Next meeting will on what subject?

Ron Little
July 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Our next meeting will be this Friday 12th . On the hardware side we will be discussing the Sony NEX FS100 and decide if it will be our A or B camera. Camera operators will get a little hands on time with the hardware.

We will also be talking about craft services. Craft service refers to the department which provides food and beverages to the other departments. In our case we will be talking about how a small to no budget production can handle feeding the whole crew.

Steve Bailey
July 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM
We will be shooting some scenes for our next production in North GA on the 12th. We are looking forward to catching up ASAP. Someone might consider creating a budget for the roadies in providing meals for the next 6 months to a year. Senior staff has a per diem allowance giving them discretion in food services.

Ron Little
July 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Great, I look forward to seeing the dailies.

For the noob
(Dailies in filmmaking are the raw, unedited footage shot during the making of a movie.)

Jeffrey Dean
July 12th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to tonight's meeting.

Marvin Miller
July 15th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Great meeting. I am interested in the audio side of production. Anybody else want to cover this topic?

Ron Little
July 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Sound is half the production. Without sound you do not have a production. I just shot a cooking show with the Sony NEX FS-100 and the sound was great. The mics you use vary depending on the situation. I used a wireless mic during the cooking part and a wired mic for the voice over. On larger productions the sound man is a stand alone position. In a no budget production often the camera man is also the sound man. We will be providing more training in this area. At the next meeting we should make a list of training sessions, prioritize that list, and start working on it.

If you missed the last meeting we were talking about how a small to no budget production can handle feeding the whole crew. In the next meeting we will have a demonstration of Craft Services wile we discus other topics. You do not want to miss this one.

Jeffrey Dean
July 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Really enjoyed the meeting last week. Looking forward to the audio side of production.

Ron Little
July 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Club meeting this Friday, 26. Hope to see you all there.

Marvin Miller
August 2nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
wow, another highly informative meeting. i may get the hang of this yet.

Ron Little
August 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
I learn something every time. Just to let everyone know that we have so much on the agenda for the next meeting we are going to start at six instead of seven.

Ron Little
August 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Film Club Announcement
I viewed some b-roll footage from Steve’s project yesterday and I think it is very interesting! Steve has asked me to be the DP on his project.

Any film club members that want to get involved will get plenty of hands on experience. This will be a great project to study it will include; Studio Work, Green Screen, and Location Shooting. There will be elements of documentary, class room instruction, and dramatization.

You will gain a ton of experience on this project. Primary photograph will start next month. There will also be a casting call for the actors in the dramatizations.

This is exciting our first Film Club Production.

Miike Hodges
August 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I want to thank everyone that showed up for North West Florida Film Club. I had a great time and am looking forward to working with you on any up coming projects.

Ron: I had a great time! Look forward to the next one

Ron Little
September 2nd, 2013, 09:34 AM
Film club meeting this Friday at 6:00p.m.

Ron Little
October 3rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Film club meeting this Friday at 6:00p.m. We will be watching an excerpt from the Bailey project on the big screen.

Marvin Miller
October 18th, 2013, 11:45 AM
when is the next meeting. lookng forward to the project you mentioned.

v/r
marv

Bill Strehl
October 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Film club meeting this Friday at 6:00p.m. We will be watching an excerpt from the Bailey project on the big screen.

Ron,

I've been thinking about trying to get together with other people in my area to review films, discuss techniques and came across your post here.

What is the best way to contact you to see how to get started?

Thanks.

Ron Little
October 28th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Hi Bill send me an email.

Ron Little
October 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Hey guys club meeting this Friday November 1st six o’clock . Cool stuff going on with the Bailey Project. See you there.