View Full Version : MIRC1 problem

Tom Mussatto
June 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I have a MIRC1 that recently stopped recording from the cam start button. It will record pressing the start button on the unit but is apparently not getting the signal to record from the cam. Have tried it on several cams with same result so have isolated the problem to the unit and not the cam. I gently cleaned the contacts to no avail.

Anyone experience this problem? If so, were you able to repair yourself? At $750 a pop for new unit I would like to get repaired if cost is reasonable.

Leslie Wand
June 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
i'm presuming you've gone through the various menu settings on both camera AND mrc?

Tom Mussatto
June 20th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Yes. It actually quit working while I was filming. Unit is 1 year old and has worked flawlessly until yesterday. Contacted Sony and it's $135 plus postage to ship to them for diagnostic and then whatever the charge to repair. Looked up when I purchased the unit and it was 6/20/2012. Bought through B&H so I probably had the unit in hand 3 or 4 days after purchase date. Wonder if they will honor the 1 year parts warranty (if parts are needed)?

Adam Gold
June 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
You're *sure* CAMLINK is activated? You see the icon? There's no way you hit the hard button (it's not a menu command or button) by accident? pp 4,5.

Tom Mussatto
June 21st, 2013, 12:01 AM
Bingo, that was it. Don't know how I missed that, never have used that function. Adam, you saved me $135 and the embarrassment of a tech telling me operator error, thanks. Your tag at the end of your posts kinda' says it all.