View Full Version : WA Adapter and zoom issue

Sean McHenry
September 25th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Hey guys. Of those of us with the Century Optics .65 HR WA adapter, has anyone noticed a slight jump in focus when you start zooming through the range with the .65 attached?

It sounds odd but as soon as the zoom starts, especially zooming in,I can see the focus jump a bit. Ah, just thought of something. It could be the OIS circuit. I'll have to test it with the OIS off. OIS=Optical Image Stabilization.

Anyone else ever noticed it?

Sean McHenry

Tom Hardwick
September 26th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Must say this is a new one on me. The OIS is purely CCD vibration based and takes no notice of the image at all, so the fact that you've got on the Century w'angle converter will make no difference.

Is the effect there when you leave the converter off? You say 'focus jump' yet the dof with the converter in place is huge, so it'll take a big focus shift to be noticeable on screen. Unless of course the camera is faulty in some way and the zoom control is somehow altering the internal focus elements.

tom.

Sean McHenry
September 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention, I also had the UV Skylight filter in place when I noticed this effect. Maybe the extra space from the main lens has something to do with it? I doubt it. I'll try to get some testing time tonight maybe.

I am building an FTP server. If I can, I'll try to tape it at a good resolution and post a very short clip of it.

More later. Thanks Tom.

Sean

Samuel Birkan
September 28th, 2005, 06:30 AM
I have the same setup as you and I have noticed the focus shift, but then I've also seen it with no adaptor attached.