View Full Version : Thread type for 15mm rods?

Dave Allen
July 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
I have some Chrosziel, Lanparte and Movcam 15mm rods and accessories, and they all fit and have the same thread size, then I get some short 15mm extension tubes with male thread ends off a manufacturer on Ebay, and the threads don't fit anything.

They write that some are 1/2" others m12 and m13. They seem even more confused than me.

What is the common thread size on Chrosziel and Movcam extension tubes?

Mark Watson
July 21st, 2013, 03:42 AM
I have some Zacuto rods and they are 1/2"-13 thread. JAG35 15mm rods use a 7/16"-14 thread. I'd think the Zacuto gear would follow any industry standard, if there is such a thing. I e-mailed Chrosziel about their thread size, will post back if they answer me.

Mark Watson
July 21st, 2013, 03:50 AM
I have some Zacuto rods and they are 1/2"-13 thread. JAG35 15mm rods use a 7/16"-14 thread. I'd think the Zacuto gear would follow any industry standard, if there is such a thing. I e-mailed Chrosziel about their thread size, will post back if they answer me.

Sorry! Message double-posted when internet connection failed.

Mark Watson
July 22nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
I asked Chrosziel what the thread size was on the 15mm rods, and if it was a standard. Their reply:

"Yes it is a standard thread: DIN M 12

Best Regards

Juergen Nussbaum"

Googled DIN and Got "DIN - Deutsches Institut fur Normung E.V." Translated: German Institute for Standardization.