View Full Version : CMU not splitting L/R pairs for Sony NX3D1

Matt Faw
August 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Dear all,

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 on my PC, and then followed up with Sony's NXCAM media import program, CMU. In the past, I had no problems, after importing footage, splitting the muxed file into L/R streams.

Now, however, when I try it, on any clip, the program starts working, gets to 10% and then just hangs. I haven't gotten any clips to get past 10% progress.

I've used Sony's installer to find (what I think are) the latest updates, but I keep getting the same results. The current version is 2.1.00.05171

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Bruce Schultz
August 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Matt, I remember a pretty detailed thread on this forum some time back about CMU which might include a link to a legacy version, which I think is what you might need. Maybe you can try doing a search and see if it's still online.

I'll check my disk for an old download of it too. It's always been hard to find and difficult to get working right. If you are in a bind you can always download a trial of Edius (run from Bootcamp on OS X) and get them split with that. I gave up on every other NLE for 3D and settled in on Edius which works like a champ on almost any 3D footage I've thrown at it.

Matt Faw
August 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Good idea, Bruce, thanks; I'll try a search for the old thread.

I'm glad Edius is working out so well. From others' comments here, it seems to have a pretty universal appeal.

I've only stuck with FCP 7 so far, because that's been my job for so long (12+ years). I've had to learn so many new workflows and software thus far, that I've been resistant to messing with the old faithful.

Nonetheless, I still have the majority of editing yet to do on the feature, and would like to keep the 3D part of it as elegant as possible. So I'll take a closer look at Edius as a substitute NLE. The trial version would be a nice way to explore it.

Thanks again!