View Full Version : Need ImageMixer 3SE v.5 Transfer Utility

Ralf Augstroze
October 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
I have a Canon Vixia HFS10, but have misplaced one of the original CDs that came with the camera, which contains the transfer utility, stitching together long video files as they are transferred to a PC. If anyone has this program on one of the original CDs, I'd love to get it from you somehow, perhaps via Dropbox or otherwise?

Many thanks!

Ralf

Nate Haustein
October 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hi Ralf, see if this one works for you: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8338487/CanonDVCM.iso

Ralf Augstroze
October 2nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks, Nate. Unfortunately, the software you sent deals only with still photographs from Canon cameras. What I'm looking for is the "ImageMixer 3SE v.5 Transfer Utility" that is on the "Pixela Application Disc Ver. 2," which comes packaged with the Canon Vixia HFS10 HD video camera. Anyone with this camera also has those discs, and could upload the software for me.

Nate Haustein
October 2nd, 2013, 06:51 PM
Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlfvoli7xs7aihx/VideoBrowser.iso

Ralf Augstroze
October 3rd, 2013, 10:56 AM
We're getting closer, but not quite there yet. The software you sent requires entering the serial number of the camera, and when I do that, the serial number is rejected. That's because the software you sent was originally packaged with a different model of Canon video camera. The original "ImageMixer 3SE v.5 Transfer Utility" from the "Pixela Application Disc Ver. 2," which comes packaged with specifically the Canon Vixia HFS10 HD video camera, required no camera serial number to activate it, and just worked. Any version that requires a serial number will not work.

Nate, you don't happen to have exactly the "Pixela Application Disc Ver. 2" that comes specifically with the HFS10, do you?

Nate Haustein
October 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Ok, Ralf. Third time is the charm, right?

The software came from a HF-G20 but I don't see why it wouldn't work for the HFS10 as the file types are the same. The serial for my G20 is: 632612000319

Kinda ridiculous that it's this hard to get the right software for the job – come on Canon!

Ralf Augstroze
October 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks again, Nate.

When I had the original disc installed in my previous laptop (which has crashed and is now replaced, hence the need for the original software), every time my HFS10 was connected to the PC and switched to transfer mode, the Pixela software on the PC automatically detected this, and put the PC into transfer mode, whereby the split files on the HFS10 would be stitched back together and transferred to the PC.

I have the program you sent now loaded and authenticated on my PC, but it doesn't automatically crank up once the Vixia is attached and switched to transfer mode. And, when I manually start the Pixela program you sent, it crashes.

I suspect that Pixela tweaked their programs to suit each group of Canon camcorder models, so that something in the HFS10's ROM triggered the specific Pixela software on the PC to start-up and begin stitching and transferring files. From what I could research on Pixela's website, the group of cameras that work with the specific version of Pixela software I need are the HF S10, HF S11, HF S100, HF20, HF21, and HF200. Only the discs packaged with these cameras will work interchangeably - nothing else. Since you have the HF G20, which is not one of the cameras above, the software that came with it will probably not work with my HFS10, as seems to be the case.

Know anyone with the HFS10?

Nate Haustein
October 4th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Sorry, Ralf - tried my best! Good luck!

EDIT: Did you download from the Pixela website? 3SE v.5 seems to be available? http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/pixela_application_disc_ver20/

Helen Habib
November 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I have the Image Mixer 3 SE which came with my Canon FS200 and requests the serial number when installing. If you’d like to try it, I can upload.