View Full Version : Live broadcasting with the Gl2

Nathaniel McInnes
September 29th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Hi
Ive have been using my 4 x gl2's for Filming documenterys for discovery channel. It also filmed Doctor who confidential. I just would like to know how would you go around doing live covage for bbc wales. Also can i just say this is an amazing camera and if any people are thinking of buying the camera. it is a well worth investment!

Robin Davies-Rollinson
September 29th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Nathaniel,
I don't think that you'll find BBC Wales accepting material shot on the XM2 any more (not that they did a lot anyway - I had some material in last year's Eisteddfod programmes, but I don't know of any other.)
They'd be more interested in material shot on the Sony FX1 / Z1 these days... albeit it in Standard Def.

Robin

Nathaniel McInnes
September 30th, 2005, 12:00 PM
I found that they accepted most of my work. ive been working with them for years. they dont accept night shots though
i will admit they are trying to switch over to hd but its costing the to muct and slowly they are upgrading
i work mostly for bbc bristol

Julian Kehaya
September 30th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I don't know what other equipment you have but i was involved with a live webcast of a surfing event and we used a wireless transmitter on a GL1. I'm sure it would work for a GL2. Only problem was that we could not get too far from the van that all the equipment and reciever in it. More than 50yards and i think the signal was too weak. The wireless transmitter ran on its own battery, the same size that come with the GL2, so i lasted about an hour before we had to change it out. It was pretty sweet, i would sugjest something like that so you can stay really mobile. Even with a tripod i could move around really fast. The signal inside the van looked like perfect quality too., though i can not say the same fr the webcast. Maybe the bbc has some vans rigged up that way that you can use.

Nathaniel McInnes
October 1st, 2005, 03:16 AM
Ive been looking into those i im thinking im might get one