View Full Version : Standard vs Traveler Phillip Bloom Pocket Dolly

Glade Truitt
November 30th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Hey All,

I'm going to purchase a Kessler PB Pocket Dolly soon and am going back and forth on wether to by the standard length (31" of travel) or the traveler length (19" of travel).
I'm not really concerned with the weight or length for travel as I don't travel that much.
I am however concerned with how much the slider will dip while moving the cart from one side to the other if it's only supported in the center.
I'll be mounting it either directly on Manfrotto 546 legs or on a 502hd head. Will there be a lot of dip with either?
Anyone had any experience with one vs. the other.
Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Dave Allen
December 1st, 2013, 11:20 PM
If it were not for the need for heavier rig capability which is why I went with the excellent Kessler Cineslider, I would go with the far more compact Edelkrone.

Their targeting head will be interesting when they work out the prototype kinks. They make a smaller version than what is in this video.

Edelkrone Slider Plus Review on Vimeo

Al Bergstein
December 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Glade, there's no *dip* in the movement at all. The real issue is how long are your takes and are you traveling with it or are you throwing it in a car/van? I find the shorter version fine, because I usually don't do takes that are longer than it takes to move the camera the length of the rails. I think it's about 8 to 10 seconds, if I remember right. Another issue is that having the cranks should be a good idea, though I've lived without them, and just deep breath before sliding. Seems to work. And yes, I routinely use the shorter model on a Manfrotto 502hd.

Have fun!

Hey All,

I'm going to purchase a Kessler PB Pocket Dolly soon and am going back and forth on wether to by the standard length (31" of travel) or the traveler length (19" of travel).
I'm not really concerned with the weight or length for travel as I don't travel that much.
I am however concerned with how much the slider will dip while moving the cart from one side to the other if it's only supported in the center.
I'll be mounting it either directly on Manfrotto 546 legs or on a 502hd head. Will there be a lot of dip with either?
Anyone had any experience with one vs. the other.
Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!