View Full Version : error from ProTitler 1 upgrade (to 2)

James Redmond
December 6th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I upgrade from ProTitler 1 to 2, had some challenges with it and NewBlue (I believe it was) suggested I uninstall 1 and 2 and just install 2. I did that. My system has been much more stable since.

I opened an old project that I used ProTitler 1 with and get the error message the "plug in specified are not installed".

What do I need to do to read these cg that where created in ProTitler1? I have quite a few of them.

Thanks for your assistance, James

David Dalton
December 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
James

From my experience they are 2 completely different programs. To use your titles created in ProTitler 1, that program needs to be installed.

David

Edward Troxel
December 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
James, you would need to reinstall Titler Pro 1, open that project, and then open that title and do a "File - Save As"

You can then uninstall Titler Pro 1, open the project again, change that title to a Titler Pro 2 title, and then do a File - Open and open the file saved from Titler Pro 1.

The "changed from Titler Pro 1 to Titler Pro 2" instructions are in the help file. As Titler Pro 1 and Titler Pro 2 are two completely separate products, TP2 will not automatically replace TP1 events.

James Redmond
December 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
David and Edward,

I re-installed ProTitler 1 and it is working. I needed to do a slight edit and re-render a project I've been working on.

Edward I will look into doing save as for all those titles.

Thanks!!! James