View Full Version : Edelkrone Target Module

Bob Krieger
December 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I've been doing some thinking about their Target Module ever since the Launch on 11.12.13 14:15 (European Date Format). This device appears to combine a motorized pan head connected via cable to the module itself. You set the camera on it, point it at your subject and enter a distance between the camera and subject. When you slide, the camera automatically tracks the subject.

The Target Module will supposedly work with their Silder+ V1 (of which I have the original short version) and the V2 versions in all lengths. My thought was this: If the module works with any length Edelkrone Silder, why couldn't you use the module on any other slider by any other manufacturer. I'm not sure how the pan head senses motion, unless it's the module itself that senses the belt moving or the slider itself moving.

It seems that if it were able to be retrofitted, it could work on any slide... Just my thoughts... yours?

Dave Allen
December 18th, 2013, 08:47 PM
The prototype unit seemed to not pan perfectly smooth, but that is why they're called prototypes. I hope it can do an regular pan too.

İnanç Aktürk
March 5th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Hi,

Target and Wizard Motion Control Modules are specially designed for SliderPLUS V2 and now also compatible with SliderPLUS PRO. However SliderPLUS V1 owners are also compatible with the Motion Control Modules. SliderPLUS V1 owners could order any Motion Control Module and get a Brand New SliderPLUS V2 for free. You could also check the link down below for details.

edelkrone | Motion Control Modules Program for slide... (http://support.edelkrone.com/customer/portal/articles/1390213-motion-control-modules-program-for-sliderplus-v1-owners)

Nick Homrich made a review about whole setup SliderPLUS V2, Target and Wizard Motion Control Modules. You could check them out from the link down below.

A look at Edelkrone's SliderPlus V2 Compared to the Original - YouTube

A Look at Edelkrone's Wizard, Motion Control Unit - YouTube

A Look at Edelkrone's Target, Motion Control Unit - YouTube

If you have further questions feel free to contact us anytime via info@edelkrone.com

Warren Kawamoto
March 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but Kessler came out with a similar slider that targets the subject, it's called Parallax.
https://www.kesslercrane.com/product-p/parallax.htm

Dave Allen
March 9th, 2014, 10:39 PM
The Kessler Parallax is much bulkier compared to the Edelkrone system because the Edelkone does a double move.

I have the Parallax and heavy duty cineslider and am real happy with it, but there is always room for improvement.