View Full Version : Playing slowmotion in normal speed!

Bo Skelmose
December 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Hi
I record my material frorm my F5. 120 frames per sec.with a 180 degree shutter. I use Adobe CS6.
I want to play normal speed and cut to superslow. No problem to cut and set the speed on the first part to 400% .When I do that, premiere drops 3 frames and play one which give a strobe effekt - like using a shutter.
But what would it look like if the NLE could mix the frame it use with a couple of the frames it just throw away - I know it would give motion blur of a kind but it would not look so stroboscopic but normal. Can this be done?

Tried to use mix frame - but it mix the 2 frames it sorted out to use and not the frames it throw away. Hope you understand my english :)

Cees van Kempen
December 20th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Dear Bo, if you shoot at 180 degrees and speed up with 400% you have the same effect as when shooting normal speed at 45 degrees (180 devided by 4). I always shoot at 360 degrees when using high frame rate. When playing at normal speed the picture is more smooth. It gives me more light at the same time, which is often needed at HFR.