View Full Version : WINNER - 2013 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge!

Lorinda Norton
January 27th, 2014, 10:38 AM
A big "thank you" to those who submitted an entry the round! It was a small group but a fun one. And "thank you" so much to everyone who donated!! Because of you $342 will go to the charity of our winner's choosing.

Ah, the winner!! It is my distinct pleasure to announce that the winner and champion of the 2013 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge is:

Trond Saetre with The Search for Inspiration

Yay, Trond!! You've been a constant UWOL competitor and cheerleader, inspiring others to compete and, most of all, to have FUN. Well, it's your turn to be congratulated as the champion on a fine entry in this year's charity challenge--very fitting since you give so much anyway! Send the info for your charity to Dylan, and let us know more about it!

Well, that's a wrap, folks! Many thanks to our Wrangler-in-Chief Chris Hurd for giving these challenges a home on DV Info Net. It's been lots of fun, Chris--you have provided us all with opportunities to get out there and see what we can do, all for free. You're the best!

Bill Thesken
January 27th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Awesome Trond! I had a feeling you would win it. Braving the elements and hiking miles and miles to convey the message, is inspiration for us all.

Trond Saetre
January 27th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Wow, that was unexpected.
Thank you very much!

UWOL, and the great fun of the charity challenges, has always been a big part of my life, since the beginning. The goal has always been to learn, to inspire others to make their own films, and through my films inspire people to get out and enjoy the nature.

I'll let Dylan know in a day or two about the charity of choice.
After thinking for 1 second, I know it must be some kind of animal/ wildlife related :)

Shaun Roemich
January 27th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Congrats, Trond!

And thank you Lorinda for facilitating this for all of us.

Meryem Ersoz
January 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Great job, Trond! couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Congratulations!

I can't wait to see what Norwegian charity benefits from all the moolah. Way to give back to the planet!

Dick Mays
January 27th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Congratulations on an excellent inspiring entry. I am only just now coming back from two weeks with the Flu, so I missed the trash talking this time.

Paul Wood
January 27th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Well done, Trond!

A good round, just sorry the flu got to a few participants this year!

Another well deserved win for team Norway!

Mike Sims
January 27th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Way to go, Trond! I loved the shot with the dog carrying the tripod. Your trophy is attached to your video’s Vimeo page and I have sent you one as well. Here is what it looks like. Next stop- UC 28!

Tim Lewis
January 27th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Excellent work Trond, it was my favourite too!

BTW Mike, shouldn't Trond's logo be for the 2013 Challenge?

Mike Sims
January 27th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Hmmm... Good point, Tim. I'll make the changes right away. Thanks!

Geir Inge
January 28th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Congratulation!
Way to go, Trond!

Trond Saetre
January 29th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Thank you, everyone.

Just an update:
I have desided the charity organization, but haven't been able to contact them yet.
Will notify Dylan and update the details here as soon as I have talked to them, hopefully by tomorrow or Friday.

Trond Saetre
January 30th, 2014, 04:29 AM
UPDATE:

The charity organization that will receive the donation is:
The Norwegian sea rescue organization.

They do a great job whenever someone is missing at sea, or vessels are in distress.
Founded in 1891.
Since 2003 they have given assistance to 130.000 people, saved more than 300 lives and more than 1000 vessels from sinking.

Link to their website:
Om oss - Redningsselskapet (http://www.redningsselskapet.no/om-oss)

Unfortunately, their webpage is in Norwegian only, but the video on that page describes their organization pretty well.

I will send the details to Dylan as soon as I have it, so he can transfer the $$..

Mike Sims
January 30th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Excellent choice!

Trond Saetre
January 30th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Details for transfer of the donation has now been sent both directly to Dylan (through dvinfo), and to thedvchallenge email.

Dylan Couper
January 30th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Congrats Trond!

I went to send them a donation through the site, but looks like that is a no-go so will have to do a direct bank transfer. May take a few days before I get to my bank to do it, but will get it done.
Cheers!
D

Trond Saetre
January 31st, 2014, 03:21 AM
Dylan, the bank transfer was the only option they provided for me.
Details are sent to your email.

Dylan Couper
February 1st, 2014, 06:09 PM
Roger that, will be in the back Tuesday and post confirmation.
D

Trond Saetre
February 10th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Dylan, have you transferred the donation yet?

Dylan Couper
February 13th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Hey Trond
There was some missing bits in the wire transfer info, I emailed you a list of what additional stuff I need. o do it.
Cheers
D

Trond Saetre
February 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
And you have a mail waiting for you, Dylan.

Trond Saetre
February 20th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Just an update:

The donation will go to a campaign the Sea Rescue Organization is running now, called "Buy a nautical mile". Which means the donation will be used to keep their rescue vessels operating.

Dylan Couper
February 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Yay! Finally got it done and confirmed! Ended up being $312 donated after the wire transfer fees, though I'm not sure what the exchange rate makes it on the other side. If you can get confirmation from them, I'd like to know that it got there.

Cheers!

D

Trond Saetre
February 20th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks, Dylan! I'll keep you updated.

Trond Saetre
March 8th, 2014, 03:49 AM
It took a while, but it is now confirmed that the Norwegian Sea Rescue Organization finally has received our donation.
The donation specifically goes to the operational service of one of their boats - the one in the attached picture.

Meryem Ersoz
March 8th, 2014, 12:40 PM
that's pretty cool. Norway has a lot of ocean to patrol!