View Full Version : Problems developing with TM900

Mike Hinkel
January 28th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I've noticed a few problems with noise when turning on the camcorder and have issues with the camera's lens cover not closing unless I put it in view mode and restart it. There doesn't seem to be any other issues that are noticeable, but am curious if the thing is going to start nickel and diming. I see where the repair charge for the out of warranty is $350+. That seems like a lot of money if all that is wrong is a minor fix. Does anyone have any experience with Panasonic repair?. The amount is half of what I paid for it to start.

Mike Hinkel
February 4th, 2014, 12:54 AM
No one has any experience or knowledge of Panasonic issues or their support??? Anybody?

Roger Gunkel
February 4th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Hi Mike, I have an SD 750 which is virtually identical and after a heavy knock I started to have a similar problem with the lens cover not closing properly and sometimes getting stuck half way. the noise I think is from the servo trying to close/open it.

I solved it by jamming it open with a tiny bit of thin plastic not viewable in the image. That was two years ago and it is still working fine. You just need a removable lens cap to keep the lens dust and damage free.

Roger

Mike Hinkel
February 4th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Thanks Roger.that is my fix for it as well. No way i'd send it in for the kind of money they want. What ever happened to estimated repair costs?