View Full Version : There's hope for all of us!!

Terry Wall
January 30th, 2014, 06:35 PM
This just in: The latest issue of the "No Film School" newsletter hit my inbox today. In it is a story (see link below) about "which cameras were used by Sundance filmmakers" and among the brands we would all expect to see, was one that caught me by surprise: a Canon XH-A1!! For all of us XH-A1 owners that have lamented technology running right past us, it is reassuring to know that this piece of hardware can stand proudly among the big guns in filmmaking!

Which Cameras Were Used by the 2014 Sundance Filmmakers? No Film School (http://bit.ly/1iRdkC8)

Peace out...and oh by the way, GO SEAHAWKS!!

Tim Lewis
January 30th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks Terry!

Peter Adler
February 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM
I see that the XH A1 was released in 2006. Eight years is age-old for a digital video camera, but it is really great to get this reminder of the often repeated "it is not so much about the camera as it is about who uses it and how he/she uses it" (or words to that effect)

Have a great day, all!

Maurice Covington
February 3rd, 2014, 09:32 AM
The XHA1, XHA1s and XLH1 series cameras will always have both value and purpose. These are tape based cameras that in my opinion offer the most stable media for capturing footage. Additionally, this camera unlike some of the lower end prosumer cameras has more functionality and as posted earlier allows the ones who know how to properly use it to produce some amazing footage.

Keep at least one in your bag.

Dave Barnes
February 3rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
Maurice... Amen... I agree with you 100%...

I still even use my XL2 on some SD shoots... still produces great images... I love my XL-H1a and XH-A1s.