View Full Version : Raw4Pro Version 2 Creates A New All In One Interface

Chris Barcellos
February 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Formerly known as Raw 2 CF Raw, Alex at PrimeHD has now released version 2 of Raw4Pro.

Alex has addressed the issues I was looking for in a simple interface that allows the user to process Raw footage to the Cineform codec without going into the processes GoPro Studio requires. It also merges the sound files from cameras like the Black Magic Cinema Camera into the CForm outputted product, something I am not aware can be done in Cineform.

I am in early testing phases, but from what I have seen thus far, this program is a great batch processing interface that allow the user just to set and walk away, as the computer does the work. Features include:

- Selection to Offload Only, Offload and convert footage, and Convert Footage without offloading.

- Add a LUT during the conversion process

- Output to draft or fine qualities.

- selectable output to mpeg2 codec for proxy editing.

- Cinform raw output to .avi or .mov. (Note: requires you have actual license to Cineform through GoPro Software)

Check it out here: http://Raw4Pro.com/

Ben Hickson
February 28th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Chris,

This looks amazing.

A couple questions:

1. Will this ever run on Mac?
2. Does this work with blackmagic 4k raw?
3. This gives access to the original raw metadata? ISO, Kelvin, curves, everything original from the blackmagic?
4. What software best to affect the metadata? Firstlight? GoProStudio?

Thank you!

Carlo Macchiavello
May 9th, 2014, 02:37 PM
1) mac cineform encoder cannot create raw file, that mean you can build raw cineform under mac only by parallels
2) do you have 4k dng compressed file to test it? as i remember cineform not support dng compressed, but you can convert from compressed to not compressed dng by free "dng converter" by adobe
3) this depend from .exe command line cineform converter, not from raw2Pro
4) when you have raw cineform firstlight and gorpostudio are both good, but actually goprostudio seems to have more options (firstlight is old app, gopro studio is the future).

Ben Hickson
May 9th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Cool, thanks for the tips!

My Blackmagic actually didn't ship with DNG capability :(. but hopefully firmware will come soon.

Thanks!

Carlo Macchiavello
May 10th, 2014, 02:49 AM
i just read on raw4pro web site that it support DNG compressed, it's another good reason to buy it, it cost since like a discrete good SD card, but give to you more than it....