View Full Version : GY-HD200u Anton Bauer Gold Mount Battery 2 pin tap not working

Fred Barrett
February 9th, 2014, 05:14 PM
This cam is new to me and recently the 2 pin power tap on the Anton Bauer Gold Mount Battery plate stopped working. This particular plate has the on/off switch on the bottom which I tried but no difference. I have been using the tap to power my 8' lilyput monitor which after testing on a mobile tap still works. I also tried my AB light just in case but it did not work either. Have been playing around with settings in order to learn manual adjustments and have not seen where there would be an on/off there that I may inadvertently turned off. PLEAE ADVISE

Don Bloom
February 9th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Perhaps the cable that connects the plate to the camera worked loose? Pull the 4 screws and the plate, make sure the connection is secure try again.

Fred Barrett
February 9th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Don, Checked both connectors and still no power. There is a circuit board in there that might be bad although that may be related to the higher voltage switch on the bottom of the plate. Thanks Don

Finn Yarbrough
February 10th, 2014, 08:44 AM
It's the fuse! AB will send you some new ones if you call, or if you can find a 7.5 or 10 mA fuze at the hardware store (standard size).

This has happened to me twice. You have to loosen the four screws on the back and remove the plate from the camera. Unplug the two connected wire bundles and take the plate all the way off. The inside of the plate is fairly simple, but the fuze is hidden behind a little black plastic sausage that you have to pry off wit ha screwdriver. It's sturdy, you won't break it.

Just PM me if you need help.

Don Bloom
February 10th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I forgot all about that fuse. It's so small and doesn't blow too often for me it's easy to forget. Thanks for the reminder.

Fred Barrett
February 10th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I actually was looking for a fuse and did see that tiny black tube but thought it was too small and way to difficult to access be a fuse location. so I gave up and re-installed the plate. Alright guys I'm going back in. Thanks

Fred Barrett
February 11th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Thank you Finn & Don, Fused replaced and all is back to normal. You guys saved me $100, I was about to purchase a new one on Ebay. I love this forum

Don Bloom
February 11th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Fred no problem. Glad you got it fixed!
BTW our fee is $100.00! ;-)

Fred Barrett
February 14th, 2014, 05:08 PM
LOL, Me and my big mouth :)